Today we will give our top nods for bars to have a drink at solo. I’m not talking about going to meet people, but when everyone in your group has taken a nap or has gone to bed.
1. ESPN Club at the Boardwalk. This is a no brainer, plenty of food and drink options and sports.
2. Bar at Sanaa, Kidani Village. This is one I frequent. Inevitably at some point during our Kidani stays my wife wants the bread service as take out. She always tries to convince me to order before I go down stairs. But I enjoy a drink while I wait for the food. The bar tenders are always friendly and there is always a game on tv.
3. Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto at the Polynesian Village Resort. You knew this one had to make the list. No TVs to watch the game, however there is plenty to look at and the bar tenders are fun to talk too.
4. Rose and Crown Pub at Epcot. If you are staying at the Swan and Dolphin, Yacht and Beach Club or the Boardwalk, this is a short walk through the international gateway. Here there is always a lively crowd and the drink options are great.
1. Territory Lounge at WL. Great atmosphere, easy location to find right off the majestic Wilderness lodge lobby. Grabbing a table here is easy, although there are only limited bar spots. Food is excellent ..but nothing here tops the map on the ceiling. (Great memories of the 2015 Final Four for me here.$
2. Crews Cup at YC. Another well themed wood bar. This one is much harder to find if you don’t see the sign. Adjacent to the Yachtmens Steakhouse in the Yacht Club, a New England Pub atmosphere with great bar space for solo guy. (Also has great booths useful when meeting up with famous AIOT travel agents from CT).
3. Tambu Lounge at PV. Two words: LAPU. LAPU. In no other place can you stroll up to a bar alone..and walk away with a pineapple to carry through a deluxe resort. If that’s not your choice: a Backscratcha gives you the tall drink with a wooden stick. What could go wrong?
4. Dawa Bar in AK. Ok..cheating a bit here..best bar to wander up to solo..while the family is shopping through Harambe village or watching live entertainment. Can feel the African village theme and drink the beer made for the park. (Any visit now though will be accompanied by hearing a memorable 3oclock radio tune.)
These are our top solo bars, what are your favorite solo spots. Comment here, on Facebook at Disney Perspective, Twitter @disneyhelp or @CTDisneyFans.