Many blogs have come out with the 6-8-10-12 best BIG things to look for in the new year at Walt Disney World. Today we will take the opposite approach…talking about a number of small things that you may or may not have noticed around WDW over these past few years that you should look out for in 2016.
First four from one family:
1. Peanuts in the ground in Storybook Circus in Magic Kingdom
2. Great scientific discoveries etched in the ground between Inoventions and the Land pavilion in Epcot
3. The dinosaur foot prints from Gerti the Dinosaur near Echo Lake in Hollywood Studios
4. Not quite hidden but between 9am-12pm Monday Through Friday they do animal procedures at Rafiki’s Planet Watch. In Animal Kingdom. (Last time we were there, they worked on a gorilla)
And four more from our second family:
5. The small Mickey Mouse figurine in the sandcastle art on the wall outside Cape May Cafe (in Disney’s Beach Club)
6. Walt Disney’s model trains inside the Carolwood Pacific Room (inside the lobby of the Villas at Wilderness Lodge)
7. The etched directional signage on the rocks around the Wilderness Lodge
8. The model train tracks and village alongside the Germany Pavilion in Epcot (especially when the weather knocks down an occasional villager or ten)
These are but just a few..what are your favorite subtle details around WDW that may be NEW to someone else in a new year?